Author Topic: Urgent prayers for our friend  (Read 4242 times)

Offline mingy

• 10,000 post member (sore fingers and all)
Re: Urgent prayers for our friend
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 07:19:16 PM »
Thank you, Eddie.

I spoke with Armand this evening.  Kathy is home.  Her speech is back to normal and she is able to get around with a walker.  The prognosis is not good.  Her tumor was a stage 4 GBM.  Anyone dealing with cancer knows that stage 4 is not good, no matter what.  Armand is able to work at home until his retirement date of April 30.  His company is very understanding and does not expect full work days for him unless he is up to it.  We hope to visit with Kathy soon and if she is able, the four of us will go to our favorite restaurant for dinner.  For many years we have eaten at the same place, particularly on snowy evenings.  We are hoping for at least one more of those dinners.

As I said before, Kathy is at peace.  She knows that Jesus is there with open arms, waiting for her.  We just all need to be ready to let go of her when the time comes.  It won't be easy.

Offline Eddie

• 1000 Post member
  • Rose - Jimmy - Eddie
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 07:42:30 PM »
I understand what stage 4 is.  I am praying for Kathy and Armand and their family.  I truly hope you and Clyde get to be with them for another dinner.  As much as Rose went through, God gave her the peace of mind and allowed her to talk with me to the end and yet took away the gravity of the situation from her mind and heart. Please let them know how much we are all praying for them.
Eddie & Rose (looking down from Heaven)

Offline mingy

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 06:44:34 PM »
We were finally able to visit with Kathy on Sunday morning.  We took a casserole up to them and were able to sit with her for an hour.  We were afraid of tiring her if we stayed longer but we will go back up soon.  Kathy starts treatment on Thursday.  I misunderstood what they were doing.  She will not be having chemo.  She will be receiving a drug often used to treat prostate cancer.  It has been found to shrink the blood vessels that feed the sort of tumor that Kathy has.  They have had some success with people but will only continue the treatment if Kathy is not negatively affected by the drug.  It is injected intravenously and this will be done in Portland ME at the large hospital there.  The second treatment will also take place there.  If indications are that she can continue, she will get the following treatments at the little hospital across the street from us.  This is the hospital where Kathy worked for many years.

Offline Eddie

• 1000 Post member
  • Rose - Jimmy - Eddie
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 06:58:42 PM »
Pam,

Any amount of positive news is good to hear - I'm praying that Kathy's treatments go well - It was good to hear that you and Clyde got a chance to be with them.  The support of friends means a great deal - it helps Kathy to know she's not alone in her battle.  My prayers continue.

Eddie

Offline Riley

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 10:41:20 PM »
Our prayers continue Pam! God bless!

Riley & Maggie
Give me a sense of humor, Lord,
Give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk!

Offline williamsonmunier

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »
Pam and Clyde, friends are so important in such times. Bless you for your care and concern. Continuing prayers for Kathy and her family.
Sarah W
Whatsoever things are true...honest...pure...lovely...of good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Offline csc

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »
Prayers still go out for your friend, Pam. I hope there is good news with the treatments.

Carolyn C
Carolyn C   Ohio

Offline mingy

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 02:10:59 PM »
Armand and Kathy celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary yesterday.  They were able to go out to their favorite restaurant for dinner. 

Her first treatment went fairly well as in that she tolerated the medication.  They had a hard time finding a vein so she wound up looking like a pin cushion.  On Tuesday she went to the local hospital so that they could insert a port where they can administer her IV drugs directly.  No more poking.  It was not the way she would have chosen to spend her birthday!  The good news is that future treatments will take place at our local hospital!

Offline jrafan33

• Joshua 24:15 As for me and my house...
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
Prayers from MN.  I'm so glad Kathy and Armand have faithful friends like you,  to be with them through such tough times.
Roxanne><>

Offline mingy

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »
We went out to dinner with Armand and Kathy about a week ago.  Kathy used a cane to get around but otherwise looked very well.  Her appetite amazed me as she usually eats about half of her meal.  She had her soup, a nice entree with potato and vegetables and a huge piece of chocolate pie.  She ate it all.  Her treatments are taking place locally which makes her happy.  She was a nurse at our local hospital for years, so she knows much of the staff.  She enjoys visiting with them while she is there.

Offline Riley

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 11:21:34 PM »
That sounds really encouraging Pam! We will surely continue to pray for her, and her family! God bless!

Riley  :)
Give me a sense of humor, Lord,
Give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk!

Offline williamsonmunier

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 07:50:58 AM »
So glad she is able to enjoy her life and feel comfortable with her treatments, Pam.  Will continue petitioning for her health.
Sarah W
Whatsoever things are true...honest...pure...lovely...of good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Offline Eddie

• 1000 Post member
  • Rose - Jimmy - Eddie
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 09:35:38 AM »
Pam,

I'm continuing to pray for Kathy and her family.  I still have the "Cancer Angel" that you sent Rose and I have the Angel working overtime for Kathy.  Keep us posted.

Eddie

Offline csc

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »
So glad you got to go out to eat with your friends and for the better news!!!
Carolyn C   Ohio

Offline mingy

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »
Yesterday Armand reported that the recent treatment left Kathy pretty tired.  His former boss, Armand just retired, flew in from Texas this week to take them out to dinner.  Kathy went, but she was really not up to it.  We have been so busy, we have not been up to see them.  I sure hope things quiet down here so we can spend more time with them.