Author Topic: JIMMY ALERT! Bill & Gloria Gaither: Tent Revival Homecoming  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Parrothead147

JIMMY ALERT! Bill & Gloria Gaither: Tent Revival Homecoming
« on: December 04, 2011, 03:49:58 PM »
Mom and I stumbled on a Gaither Homecoming show on PBS this afternoon and started watching it.  I don't even know who was singing at the time when I discovered a certain familiar face on stage.  I said, "Was that Jimmy?!".  The camera scanned back and Mom and I both yelled, "IT'S JIMMY!".  It looks like Jimmy was sitting next to Joe Moscheo & Terry Blackwood of the Imperials.  Mom and I got to meet Joe & Terry at the one Elvis week we went to a few years ago.  Both of them couldn't have been nicer. 

The show is called "Bill & Gloria Gaither: Tent Revival Homecoming".  It was filmed at the Billy Graham library.  Frankin is in the audience. Mom and I are enjoying watching it on PBS right now.  The Oaks, the Imperials, Gaither Vocal Band, Dailey & Vincent and Jimmy are on there for starters. 

There are two DVDs and CDs to this.  Jimmy is on the DVD & CD called "The Old Rugged Cross".  He and Dailey and Vincent sing "On The Other Side of the Cross". 

It has been a great show.  I will be getting both DVDs and CDs.  Check it out!

Julie
“Life is a lot like jazz. It's best when you improvise”
     -George Gershwin

"Music makes you smarter"
      -Robin Williams

Offline Dena and John

• 1000 Post member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: JIMMY ALERT! Bill & Gloria Gaither: Tent Revival Homecoming
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
You are right, Julie.  That was Jimmy!  I saw this about a week ago, and then they were having PBS fundraising and it was on here again last night .  The Oaks and Larry Gatlin were great on their songs.  Also saw Dailey and Vincent there too!  I just watched a Country Family Reunion show on RFD that Jimmy was on, but he didn't sing on this one. Jimmy seemed to be enjoying himself on both shows.
Speaking of Dailey and Vincent; we saw them in our area last weekend.  This is the second time we've seen them and they were super!  They had a lot of requests for "I Believe" and after performing "More Than a Name on a Wall" they received a standing ovation!  We are going to TN  in Feb. to see them and Jimmy together. They said it will be a country show as a quartet with their bass singer Christian (he is awesome).

Dena

Offline tsfan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 09:55:17 PM »
Dena,

We watch the Country Reunions each Friday night.  Jimmy hasn't sung on this series YET.   I am hoping it will be this Friday night.  Nina said that he sings Closer to You. 

Debbi

Offline williamsonmunier

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »
From the Gaither newsletter, great news for FTS:

Watch The Old Rugged Cross Free Online

Watch The Old Rugged Cross TV program free online on Gaither.com TV! This old fashioned tent revival gathering was taped in Charlotte, North Carolina, and celebrates the spirit and music of the old tent revival days that impact countless lives!  Watch here. http://gaither.com/media/videos
Sarah W
Whatsoever things are true...honest...pure...lovely...of good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Offline williamsonmunier

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 07:40:32 PM »
P.S.  This is a cut version--not the full length show, but no songs by Jimmy.  If you want some good visuals of him, watch to the left of center, second row, in front of the Oaks and near to Ivan Parker.  Some good ones as he listens to others....
Sarah W
Whatsoever things are true...honest...pure...lovely...of good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Offline Eddie

• 1000 Post member
  • Rose - Jimmy - Eddie
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 10:35:28 PM »
You're right Sarah - it is cut - at the beginning they show Jimmy as if he's doing a song by himself but I watched the whole thing and, like you said, there are great visuals of him but he doesn't do a song on the cut version.

Eddie
Eddie & Rose (looking down from Heaven)

Offline Parrothead147

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 11:52:35 AM »
Yeah, I discovered he got cut on the TV version of it when I watched it on PBS.  I was not happy.  But, regardless that Jimmy was sadly cut from the TV version, it still was an enjoyable show. 

I loved Guy Penrod singing, “Then Came The Morning”.  Wow!  But, I will see him when I get the DVDs.  Jimmy really looked like he was enjoying himself though.  I did buy the song Jimmy did with Daily & Vincent from Itunes.  It is great!  But, I have always loved that song.

Julie
“Life is a lot like jazz. It's best when you improvise”
     -George Gershwin

"Music makes you smarter"
      -Robin Williams

Offline Nina Fortune

• Administrator
  • 1000 Post member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 06:13:15 PM »
Jimmy does "Closer To You" on the new version of Country's Family Reunion. On the Gaither taping he sings "On The Other Side Of The Cross" with Dailey and Vincent. It is not on the TV version. I think the whole thing is 4 hours so they can't show it all.
Nina