Author Topic: Hobo  (Read 23393 times)

Offline Riley

Re: Hobo
« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
Our heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family Bob!I'm glad we spent some time with you at the Festival.
Love and God bless you all!!!

Riley & Maggie
Give me a sense of humor, Lord,
Give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk!

Offline June

« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »
Bob, my prayers and deepest heartfelt sympathy go put for you and your family.  At last he is home with his Father.
Consider the turtle. It never gets anywhere unless it sticks its neck out.

Offline csc

« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »
I want to tell you how sorry we are to hear this. Our prayers are with you, Bob.

Carolyn C
Carolyn C   Ohio

Offline Parrothead147

« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
Bob- You know that your entire family is in my prayers. Hobo was a very special person. I am better person for knowing him. He is with my grandparents having a big old time now.

Julie
“Life is a lot like jazz. It's best when you improvise”
     -George Gershwin

"Music makes you smarter"
      -Robin Williams

Offline patsy in ga

« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2012, 10:27:50 PM »
So sorry to read this, but, we know John (Hobo) is in a much better place and we know that he is with the Lord.  He professed his belief in Jesus Christ openly to us at the festival this past fall.  He has traveled to a place where there is no suffering and life is everlasting.  Bob, Ann and family, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.  Rest in peace, John. 
Philippans 4:13

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.

Offline Sheila

« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2012, 10:46:12 PM »
Bob & entire family.....my deepest sympathy to each of you.You will be in my prayers & thoughts during these difficult days.

Offline Jimmeluvrs

• 1000 Post member
  • I'm a Parakeet
« Reply #291 on: January 22, 2012, 12:43:32 AM »
Bob,

There are not adequate words I can find to express what I feel in my heart for you and your family.  You each were a devoted and dedicated sibling to John, and I am certain he knew how much he meant to each of you.  You all pulled together in the finest sense of the word to help Hobo and to make his remaining time special and memorable.  Dan and I are so thankful that you invited us to the cookout at your home in Hobo's honor last September.  His good humor, courage, and strength belied the seriousness of his illness.  What an amazing man he was!  And what an amazing family he had that loved him deeply and stood beside him through his darkest days.

I pray God will bring each of you some comfort, because I know you are heartbroken at his loss.  But I have every confidence that he is with Jesus right now and he's smiling and in no more pain.  The dear cowboy has a new address:  Heaven.  And even though his passing leaves heartache and tears, he has crossed to "The Other Side" and it's eternally beautiful and peaceful there where the most beautiful flowers bloom and the days are forever sunny.

Our prayers are with you, Bob, and your entire family.  You've all been through a difficult journey, and certainly an emotional one.  You've leaned on each other and held each other up. 

Tonight, it's hard to look at Hobo's picture you posted and not get emotional.  He was everybody's friend~~such a warm, funny, active, bright guy with a great personality. He will surely be missed by all of us.

We're all here for you in any way that you might need us, Bob.  We've all lost loved ones and we understand the pain and sadness that you're feeling.  You'll be in our prayers and in our thoughts.  Let us know if there's anything we can do.....even if it's to talk for awhile.

FortuneTellers are a family.  We're here if you need us.

God bless you and yours.

Carolyn
Exodus 15:2

Offline Madge

« Reply #292 on: January 22, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »
Dear Friend:
We are feeling your emptiness and sorry regarding the loss of John, your dearest brother.
You were there for us when we experienced the death of our dearest Mother and we will never forget your kindness.
Only time will ease the pain of his void for you and your family, but we pray you are comforted to know you ARE going to see him again in Heaven where there is no separation, sickness or heartache.
If we were there we would put our arms around each of you and give you a warm hug.
Please call us if you need anything at all, Bob and we love you dearly.
Pat and Madge Healy
Happiness is....
Someone to love...
Something to do...
Something to hope for.

Offline mingy

• 10,000 post member (sore fingers and all)
« Reply #293 on: January 22, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »
Bob,

You know how much we love you and wish we could be there.  Like Carolyn said, it is hard to look at that photo of John and not be moved to tears.  We all wish he could have won this fight but that was not to be.  What he did do was to bring his family together which you all did so very well.  You all gave him strength and support to fight that battle.  Trust in the God who now has John with Him to comfort those of you left behind.  John is now well and pain free in the arms of our loving God.

Love Pam and Clyde

Offline KK

« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »
Bob, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very sad time.  Hobo was such a sweet man, and what a fighter!  So happy I was able to see him and spend some time with him at the Festival this year.  With deepest sympathy and love, Kathy :)

Offline gg

• 1000 Post member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2012, 10:51:37 PM »
Bob I am so sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very difficult time. 
Gail

Laughing is good exercise.  It's like jogging on the inside.

Offline Jan

• 1000 Post member
  • Jimmy is the Best
« Reply #296 on: January 23, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »
I am so sorry to read of Hobo's passing Bob.  My prayers are with you and the whole family.
Jan

Offline Bob

« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »
     I just want to take a moment or two to thank you all for the kindnesses expressed in your comments,I have given Jimmy's web to family and they have been comforted as I have by your remarks posted in this thread,the phone calls where very appreciated,as for a service that is still being worked out because the place where we had it for our dad a few years ago won't probably be large enough,Hobo had friends all across the country,there are many who want to  try to make it to his memorial service,in a day or so that should all be worked out.
     My family is truly touched by the family of FORTUNE TELLERS and how caring you all are,please know   our appreciation for prayers & words of comfort & support at this time,GOD BLESS you all.  Bob   ;D 8)

Offline Sandy

• 10,000 post member (sore fingers and all)
  • Isaiah 40:31
« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »
Bob,

Be sure to post information about services as soon as the details are worked out. With FTs all over the country, hopefully, someone will be able to make it regardless of where they are held.
But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Offline patsy in ga

« Reply #299 on: January 24, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
I echo Sandy.  Bob, please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. 

Patsy
Philippans 4:13

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.