Author Topic: Hobo  (Read 21478 times)

Offline Ladybug

• 10,000 post member (sore fingers and all)
Re: Hobo
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2011, 11:02:54 PM »
Prayers are continuing for all of you.  Just remember that we love you both.

Mike and Billie
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
Thomas Paine

Billie

Offline Jimmeluvrs

• 1000 Post member
  • I'm a Parakeet
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »
I don't get a chance to get on here very often these days, but I had an opportunity to read through the posts from November until now, and I'm so glad that John was able to make it to Jimmy's Christmas concert.  I know how much that meant to all of you, Bob.

Hobo and your family are going through some of the darkest times possible, but Hobo's outlook is continually amazing.  He is facing the future with dignity and grace, mixed with some humor and a good dose of "cowboy" added in.  It was good to read that the fluid was drained and John is feeling better because of that.  I know there are multiple sites of cancer that are quite serious, but still Hobo remains his humorous, upbeat self.  I remember his outgoing, funny nature from September's cookout at your house, and I also recall knowing that I would probably never see him again on this Earth.  And while that is probably true, he is an outstanding guy who is facing the most formidable opponent anyone can take on, and standing up to it  with his heels dug in for strength.

Give Hobo our best and know that your entire family is in our prayers.  We think of you all often and recall the warm feeling of family love that surrounds you and your siblings.  If ever a family was standing beside their loved one, you are doing exactly that for Hobo.  I know it has to mean so much to him to feel all that love and support.

I pray that Hobo will enjoy Christmas with all his loved ones, and know that we don't tire of your updates, Bob.  They keep us connected......and in connection, there is warmth, friendship, and love.  You're a wonderful big brother and Hobo is lucky to have you in his life.  May you all have a blessed Christmas, Bob.

Carolyn
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:04:28 PM by Jimmeluvrs »
Exodus 15:2

Offline mingy

« Reply #257 on: December 26, 2011, 06:27:24 PM »
Bob, we thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your family.  Hobo is especially special to us.  He is the first Harper we met, and then your dad!  We had talked to you and exchanged emails but we did not meet face to face until your dad died.  We have since been blessed with meeting the rest of your family.  What an honor!  We pray for all of you daily as you go down a dark and difficult path.  Know that God is at the end and along the way.  His arms are reaching out to all of you every moment to offer His love and support.   We love all of you.  Pam and Clyde

Offline Bob

« Reply #258 on: January 01, 2012, 09:32:19 PM »
     MY DEAR FORTUNE TELLERS,HAPPY NEW YEAR,What a tiring past week or so ,a lot going on and no time to post it,John Was in the hospital from his birthday Dec.27TH. till today Jan 1,2012,below is a copy of an e-mail I received from Connie,Johns EX wife,through Ann's e-mail,she has been at Ann's today helping get John(HOBO)settled in at Ann's in northern Va.Thank you all for the e-mails/phone calls ETC. concerning this last stay in the hospital,THANK GOD for YOUR PRAYERS & SUPPORT.Bob ;D 8)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hi - Just to first let you know that this is Connie and not Ann.

Johnny was able to go home from the hospital today (Sunday, 1 Jan 2012).  What a wonderful New Year's wish! 

He has been visiting with his granddaughter, Destiny and his spirits are high.  Please continue to keep Johnny in your daily prayers, he certainly is appreciative. 

Also, please feel free to forward this email to anyone Ann may have missed.  Ann by the way is also doing fairly well.  As you can probably understand, she is extremely tired and doesn't stop for a minute. 

Connie

Offline Eddie

• 1000 Post member
  • Rose - Jimmy - Eddie
« Reply #259 on: January 01, 2012, 11:06:28 PM »
Bob,

Glad John is home again.  Your family is truly amazing.  My prayers continue everyday for John, you and the family.

Eddie
Eddie & Rose (looking down from Heaven)

Offline williamsonmunier

« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
What a spirit your family has! Bless you all.
Sarah W
Whatsoever things are true...honest...pure...lovely...of good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Offline Bob

« Reply #261 on: January 03, 2012, 05:32:57 AM »
    Ann is the amazing one,Yes I'm truly blessed with the brothers & sisters I have,this is the most trying ordeal  I think I could have ever imagined,and then some,John had his first day at home yesterday,when We talked he sounded upbeat and as good as could be expected,as I previously mentioned he has a hospice team that takes care of him till Ann gets home ,this hopefully will free up some time for Ann or at least give her the opportunity to be at work more,We continue to thank you all for the prayers and support,Hobo got some calls he would never have expected,folks he's not had the opportunity to see in some time thank you for calling him and please continue the prayers as this adversary is not going to give up on it's own,the family and I send our LOvE and appreciation to all. Bob   ;D 8)

Offline patsy in ga

« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
Ann is amazing.  She is a wonderful person.   Praying for all of you, Bob. 
Philippans 4:13

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.

Offline mingy

« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2012, 07:44:24 AM »
Bob, you and your family are being blessed during this ordeal.  It may be hard to see that at times, but you are drawing closer to each other and to God.  All of that strength is helping John.  We will continue to pray for all of you!

Offline Bob

« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2012, 08:12:14 AM »
Thank you Pam,I just wanted to give you a mini update since he is back in the hospital,he went in sunday I believe,I'm not sure of enough to share with you right now ,I can say he really needs continued prayers,as soon as he is well enough for me to talk to ,I'll try to give you more on his condition,also this is taking an extreme toll on our sister Ann,she has been there every inch of  his journey and is so totally existed,please keep her in your prayers also,such a difficult thing for all of us to be enduring,yet brought us so much closer as a family,a shocking reminder just how families need to know just how  delicate and unpredictable each bend in the road of life is,each day we need to remember to make every opportunity count.
    The family LOvES you all and appreciate the encouragement,also some have called Hobo when he was able and coherent enough to talk to he sure was surprised and touched by your kindnesses,
    We send prayers of thanks to all.  Bob   ;D 8)

Offline williamsonmunier

« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2012, 09:13:28 AM »
And we send prayers for all of you as well, Bob!
Sarah W
Whatsoever things are true...honest...pure...lovely...of good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Offline Riley

« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2012, 09:49:33 AM »
Hobo is in our prayers every night Bob! God bless you all!

Riley
Give me a sense of humor, Lord,
Give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk!

Offline Eddie

• 1000 Post member
  • Rose - Jimmy - Eddie
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »
Bob,

Thanks for keeping us posted on Hobo's condition.  I know this is a trying time for all of your family.  I especially understand what Ann is going through.  God watched over Rose during the time I had with her and I know God will be with Hobo, Ann, and You.  We especially are here for you, Bob, and anything you need is just a phone call away.

Eddie
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:29:56 PM by Eddie »
Eddie & Rose (looking down from Heaven)

Offline Bob

« Reply #268 on: January 13, 2012, 09:45:36 AM »
     Got a text this morning from Ann,John might get out of the hospital again later today,will update you when we hear more,Thanks for the prayers. ;D 8)

Offline mingy

« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2012, 08:16:55 AM »
Prayers continue.  We have been so incredibly busy that I don't get on here as often as I like.  Still we haven't forgotten you and John.