Author Topic: Appearance  (Read 4990 times)

Offline Riley

Appearance
« on: August 02, 2010, 09:22:28 PM »
Do we have a new look on the board or is my computer acting up ? I get a black background with white message space!

Riley  :)
Give me a sense of humor, Lord,
Give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk!

Offline Happinessangel

Re: Appearance
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 11:16:27 PM »
Do we have a new look on the board or is my computer acting up ? I get a black background with white message space!

I was wondering the samething, Riley. Unfortunately, I haven't been on in almost a week, so I thought I may have missed something.

Heather
Heather Pelland

Offline Riley

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 11:29:11 PM »

I was wondering the samething, Riley. Unfortunately, I haven't been on in almost a week, so I thought I may have missed something.

Heather

Thank you Heather! I must have missed it too!

Offline Paula in Nashville

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 11:51:55 PM »
I'm seeing new colors, too!  Wondering what's happening.....

Offline Eddie

• 1000 Post member
  • Rose - Jimmy - Eddie
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 11:41:24 AM »
I checked with Clayton yesterday and he gave me these instructions to change back to the screen you had previously.  I did it successfully.  You have to log-in first and then follow his instructions.  After you do it, you will find that when you come in as a guest, you will still see the black default theme but after you log-in, you will see the original screen each time.  Hope this helps.

I also notice that the birthday list went crazy again - I think this happens when an update is done - it's happened before.

FROM CLAYTON'S EMAIL:

This is an update to the default theme. You can change this to any previous theme by clicking the "Profile" tab at the top and clicking "Look and Layout" at the top. Click "change" next to the theme name and pick any previous theme.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 11:47:14 AM by Eddie »
Eddie & Rose (looking down from Heaven)

Offline Paula in Nashville

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 12:12:01 PM »
Wow, that's a LOT better!  Thanks, Eddie and Clayton!

Offline mingy

• 10,000 post member (sore fingers and all)
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »
Good, because I don't like this.  My eyes are too old.

I made the change and am much happier.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:44:17 PM by mingy »

Offline Riley

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 06:10:28 PM »
I'm doing something wrong! :o I logged out and logged in and nothing happened. I still get the same screen. I went into profile and made some changes and still the same story. There were no further instructions. I deleted my cookies and Temp files. Still the same. I'm wondering if I should delete my account and start again ? HELP!! ;D

Offline Sandy

• Isaiah 40:31
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 07:18:36 PM »
YEA!! It worked; I got the old one back. :) I'm sorry, the new one looked so depressing. :(
But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Offline Nina Fortune

• Administrator
  • 1000 Post member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 07:43:17 PM »
Riley - don't delete your account! When you went into your profile did you click "Look and Layout"?
Nina

Offline tsfan

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »
Thanks Eddie for the info that Clayton gave your regarding this message board.  That other color hurt my eyes. 

Debbi

Offline Riley

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 10:00:21 PM »
Riley - don't delete your account! When you went into your profile did you click "Look and Layout"?

Yes I did Nina but I missed the change at the top of the page. I was clicking on "Change Profile" at the bottom. I'm back to the regular display. Thank you for the suggestion!When you get to be my age things take a little longer to register! ;D

Offline Sandy

• Isaiah 40:31
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 10:56:35 PM »
We knew you could do it, Riley ;). I cheated for Mom; I already changed hers for her. She won't have to try to figure it out when she gets home from the jamboree. ;)
But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Offline Riley

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 11:01:19 PM »
We knew you could do it, Riley ;). I cheated for Mom; I already changed hers for her. She won't have to try to figure it out when she gets home from the jamboree. ;)

You're a good daughter Sandy! ;)I'm sure she will appreciate it!

Offline max

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 05:41:30 AM »
This is the first time I have been on the board for awhile. I have been in Ca. for my dads 97th birthday, and so I got to look at this new look for the first time this morning.

Patsy, I did get the messages...just have not been here to post for awhile. I am reading some back pages today.