Author Topic: ANNIVERSARIES  (Read 47745 times)

Offline Jimmeluvrs

• 1000 Post member
  • I'm a Parakeet
Re:ANNIVERSARIES
« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2005, 12:53:28 AM »
Dan and I will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary on September 26.  How that time has flown by!  I said "I Do" all those years ago, and it's still "I Do" to this day.  I married a wonderful guy, and I am thankful for his ever-abiding love and devotion.  As the years have unfolded, I found that I got so much more than I ever knew I was getting on that day long ago in September.  I always think that Dan in my life is the result of God.  Nobody else could have given me such a precious gift as He did.

Carolyn   :-*
Exodus 15:2

Offline Madge

« Reply #241 on: September 01, 2005, 08:07:56 AM »
Carolyn:
That is sooooo wonderful that you and Dan will celebrate 35 years of marriage together. You certainly are meant for each other and make a great looking couple together as anyone can tell by the photos I posted of you two after last year's Fortune/Willams Festival!
Congratulations, even though I may be abit early.
My sis, Goldie and her husband, Ray who are coming to the F/W Music Festival will be married 53 years on Sept. 29!!
Isn't that great?
Maybe Jimmy will dedicate a song to both of you couples, how romantic is that now?  :-*
Madge
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 08:09:58 AM by Madge »
Happiness is....
Someone to love...
Something to do...
Something to hope for.

Offline Jimmeluvrs

• 1000 Post member
  • I'm a Parakeet
« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2005, 01:34:34 AM »
Madge,
A song from Jimmy would be the perfect anniversary gift to your sister and husband and to Dan and I!!  Couldn't ask for anything more special!!

Best wishes to those 53-year married lovebirds!!  We look forward to getting to meet them in Staunton.

It'll be great to see you and Pat again, too.  Miss you guys!!

Carolyn  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 12:26:59 AM by Jimmeluvrs »

Offline jrafan33

• Joshua 24:15 As for me and my house...
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2005, 07:37:49 PM »
Mike and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on August 20th.  We were married August 20, 1994, and "My Only Love" was a solo at our wedding as well. :)
Roxanne><>
Roxanne><>

Offline Jimmeluvrs

• 1000 Post member
  • I'm a Parakeet
« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2005, 12:31:03 AM »
"My Only Love" is probably the most perfect love song ever written.  No wonder it is sung at so many weddings.  Jimmy wrote a beautiful tale of a wedding day and what it should mean to the bride and groom.

Congratulation to all September wedding anniversaries.

Carolyn

Offline Richard B.

« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2005, 04:20:03 PM »
Our 12th anniversary was on the 4th of September and we went to the concert in Ottawa, Ks. We played My only Love at our wedding and told Jimmy the same that night. It was a very special anniversay present for us. It is great also to get to know some of the other fans of Jimmy on this site. Our prayers to all those in need :)

Offline Ladybug

• 10,000 post member (sore fingers and all)
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2005, 06:46:39 PM »
Carolyn, Mike and I were married 32 years ago on 09/11.  When you say 32 years, it sounds like forever, but when you think back it seems like yesterday.  

Mike and I knew each other for only a couple of months before we married.  It seemed like the right thing to do and like we had known each other our whole lives.

People said we wouldn't make it past the six week mark.  I am glad to say we made it long past that.  

I know God brought us together, who else could put up with me?   ;)
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
Thomas Paine

Billie

Offline williamsonmunier

« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2005, 09:37:41 PM »
Hugh and I have our 22nd coming up on Oct. 1.  As he said to me once after a few years, "Seems like forever...."  I decided to take that in the most positive light I could; otherwise, it might have gotten me a bit riled up!

Seriously, isn't it great when you find your best friend rolled up in your spouse?  Hmmm...I'll have to think about that one too!

Ahem!  What I meant was, isn't it great when you discover your spouse is also your best friend and bumming around buddy?  I can think of no one who makes me happier or with whom I more enjoy spending time, even if we are doing nothing in particular.

And Carolyn, I know what you mean about God.  Hugh came into my life just five months after my mom, for whom I had been caring, died.  I'm firmly convinced she and Hugh's mom, who had died just two years earlier, met up in heaven and hatched a plan.  God knows what He's doing; we're the ones who usually create the problems.
Sarah W
Whatsoever things are true...honest...pure...lovely...of good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Lovedolphins65

« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2005, 12:07:59 AM »
Stephen and I will be married 19 years on the 27th.  They (his family) said we would never last either.  Fooled them didnt we.  I was just lucky to find the love of my life at an early age.  I have never regretted one minute of my marriage to him.  I love him more today than the day I married him.

I couldnt imagine spending my life without him.  God sure knew what he was doing when He made him for me.  I remember before we were married, we used to joke and say that we wondered if we would still be holding hands when we are married 20 years, well, I guess we still are on track!!

Offline Sandy

• 10,000 post member (sore fingers and all)
  • Isaiah 40:31
« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2005, 06:20:21 PM »
ain't that sweet ;)
But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Offline Jimmeluvrs

• 1000 Post member
  • I'm a Parakeet
« Reply #250 on: September 25, 2005, 10:47:42 PM »
Yep, that surely IS sweet!!!

Tomorrow is that big 35-year day for us!  Nobody ever outright told us they didn't think we'd last, but I suppose there must've been some naysayers out there somewhere!!!!

There were a whole 9 of us at our wedding~~our parents, our witnesses, Dan and I, and the minister.  We got married in the house we had bought about a month earlier.

In some ways, I would've liked to have had a fancy wedding and all the trimmings that go along with it.  But yet, it's not so much HOW you get married as what you do with that marriage once you begin it and walk down that matrimonial road together.

It's been a wonderful trail to go down, hand in hand and heart to heart.  I'd do it all again in a moment!

My prayer is that there will be years and years of more anniversaries in the future for us.  I'm still not tired of nor bored with this man I married!!!  

Besides, probably nobody else would put up with me!!!!   ;D ;D :o :o ::) ::) :-* :-*

Carolyn   ;)
(Mrs. Dan Strong)

Offline Madge

« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2005, 08:10:46 AM »
Happy 35th Wedding Anniversary today, Carolyn and Dan!
May you celebrate many more happy years together!
See you in Staunton and have a safe and enjoyable trip to Virginia!  :)
Madge and Pat
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 08:12:08 AM by Madge »
Happiness is....
Someone to love...
Something to do...
Something to hope for.

Offline gg

• 1000 Post member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2005, 10:22:20 AM »
Happy Anniversary Carolyn & Dan.  It just keeps getting better doesn't it?  :D
Gail

Laughing is good exercise.  It's like jogging on the inside.

Offline jrafan33

• Joshua 24:15 As for me and my house...
« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2005, 02:03:38 PM »
Happy anniversary, Caroly and Dan.  It's so nice to see Marriages that are still Happily going strong! ;D
Happy Day!! Many Happy returns!
Roxanne & Mike><>
Roxanne><>

Lovedolphins65

« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2005, 06:15:39 PM »
Have a great day!