Author Topic: Statlers finally inducted into CMA Hall of Fame!!  (Read 9854 times)

Online williamsonmunier

Re: Statlers finally inducted into CMA Hall of Fame!!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2008, 10:28:17 AM »
Oh, yes, I also meant to say that the folks on this site are a wonderful example of how God has blessed us all with love and kindness.  I have never seen another place like it.  That was what drew me out of my lurking to participate.
Sarah W
Whatsoever things are true...honest...pure...lovely...of good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

johnsecrist

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »
i know Nina and Jimmy dont have any plans in the near future to venture west. should the hall of fame give them an appealing opportunity i hope they inform all of coast challenged folks.  it would be nice to have chance to meet them. we don't have a cracker barrel restaurant here(kk is so fortunate) ;D we do have a restaurant here that motto is is no city folk allowed. the unfortunate males who dressed up to eat there have the humilation of having their ties cut and stapled to the wall. ??? it's  a steakhouse in our neighbor city santee. its called pinnacle peak. i even saw a few silk ties ouch ::). anyway congratulations again!

Offline ChristineES

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 01:05:49 PM »
The fare of the Pinnacle Peak is limited to steak, beans, corn bread and a baked potatoes if you ask for it special. You can get sauteed mushrooms and onions.  Whole walls are covered with severed ties alongside pictures from the Old West.  It is kind of like going into a western saloon.  They even served drinks in mason jars.  Pretty unique for our area.  The restaurant is so popular that parking lots is usually packed at peak hours.  I don't like steak all the time, but when I do want one,  they cook them perfectly. 
Someone once told me a story about some man who wore a $100 tie and was livid when it was cut off (I think it was the waitress). ;) People actually tell the rich folks to go there in their ties just so they will be cut off as a joke. John said he wanted me to post that for Sandy.
Psalm 100:2  Serve the LORD with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!

Offline Mon1018

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 10:12:36 AM »
Very good reading and Congratulations to all.

Offline gospelady

• God is Good All The Time.
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 12:47:01 PM »
I am so happy that the guys are finally getting the recognition they deserve.  This is long overdue in my opinion.  
Elaine

Offline mingy

• 10,000 post member (sore fingers and all)
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2008, 03:04:05 PM »
Riley, thank you for contacting the Hall of Fame.  I suppose we are not going to open our mailboxes and find invitations in them.  It would be nice if this ceremony were broadcast so that we could watch it.

Offline Eddie

• 1000 Post member
  • Rose - Jimmy - Eddie
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »
Riley,

Thanks for the info.  I thought I had earlier heard that it was by invitation only but I don't know where I saw that.  Whatever happened to making the Hall of Fame induction on TV during the Music City News Awards Show or the Academy of Country Music Awards Show?  Did these shows just go away?
Eddie & Rose (looking down from Heaven)

Offline Jan

• 1000 Post member
  • Jimmy is the Best
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2008, 08:00:08 PM »
Good question Eddie.  Why would they have such an important event a closed door event.
Jan

johnsecrist

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2008, 08:05:18 PM »
i believe the delay was for jimmy, for us no doubt, and i do believe that any delay and making the correct decision was worth it! all 5 at the same time. that right all, 5 well done! 8)

soulharvest911

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 01:05:04 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  This is so exciting!  You all deserve the honor.  It has been long overdue, but I am thankful that it is finally happening.

I just received Don & Harold's new book and was reading about Tom T. Hall.  Very interesting story that I didn't know about.  If you all haven't bought it yet, I recommend that you get it.  It's a light easy read and chocked full of stories.

Kathy

Offline max

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2008, 05:55:43 AM »
You are so right...the book is wonderful.

Offline Mon1018

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2008, 11:38:49 AM »
Usual congrats to Tom T. Hall, also.  He has always been a favorite of mine!

Online williamsonmunier

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 10:23:28 PM »
Less than three weeks!
Sarah W
Whatsoever things are true...honest...pure...lovely...of good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Offline D.Blity

• http://tierussianwoman.w-ru.com/ - singles sites
Statlers finally inducted into CMA Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2009, 08:57:26 PM »
I think the Hall of Fame selections were deserving of being inducted but I think Zach Burks should have been in this years class.  Without Burks during the late 80s and early 90s the Bears would not have made the trips to the National Tourney.  The Hall of Fame really needs to consider him next year.

Offline chickenhawk

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
YaHooo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chickenhawk