Author Topic: Please Pray For My Nephew  (Read 150266 times)

Offline Lynn

Re:Please Pray For My Nephew
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2004, 11:29:31 AM »
Thanks for updating us, Carolyn.  I know how time-consuming it is to have a loved one in the hospital, especially in such critical condition.

Prayers continuing.

Lynn
Lynn

Offline gregf

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2004, 11:35:22 AM »
Hi Carolyn,
Please add my prayers & thoughts to your already long list.  I dont post on here too often but visit a lot.  I hate to hear such sad news about someone so young & full of life, & like you said, positive things.  I'll be thinking & praying for you & your family.  

Greg

Offline Jimmeluvrs

• 1000 Post member
  • I'm a Parakeet
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2004, 06:10:09 PM »
Carolyn,

Thank you for keeping us updated here despite how busy you are and how much time you are spending at the hospital.

We will all continue to keep Daniel and your family in our hearts and in our prayers.  We have witnessed miracles in the lives of FTs and their loved ones here due to the true compassion and faith held by so many.  We pray God's miracles and mercy will extend to you and yours.

Carolyn
Exodus 15:2

Offline Jimmy#1Fan

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2004, 11:44:32 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that he had another rough night.  But I'm glad to hear he is stable now.  I will continue to pray for him.  May God be with you all too and keep up your strength.  Being at the hospital so much isn't good on YOU all either.  So I'll remember you all in prayer

Elaine
I'm back!

Offline csc

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2004, 09:59:12 PM »
I want you all, each and every one, to know how much it means to me to read your messages. When I am able to I will write each of you and try to thank you.......

Nothing more has gone wrong today, which is saying a lot, after the last few days. He is still in the coma and so we don't yet know the extent of the brain injury. I'll be back in touch. Thank you all.

Carolyn C.
Carolyn C   Ohio

Offline Don/Linda

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2004, 10:39:54 PM »
Linda and I have been away so please accept our belated best wishes and prayers.

Offline csc

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2004, 11:06:12 AM »
We've made it through a few more days. He's still in the comma, but we're hoping/praying that will change soon and we're told he is more stable now, but are warned his condition is still critical. Daniel being here with us yet and more stable is wonderful news and is a miracle. Right now they need him to wake from the comma. Until that happens no one can tell what the brain damage is. He's still showing us miracles by coming through things that they didn't expect him to.
Saturday Aug. 7th will be Daniel's 18th birthday.
We know all the prayers and good wishes have gotten us this far. Thank you!!

Carolyn C.
Carolyn C   Ohio

Offline secfan88

• I love true Country Music!!
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2004, 11:39:17 AM »
My prayers are with you and your family.

amy
The little things in life hold the greatest treasures.

Offline Lynn

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2004, 01:30:20 PM »
Thanks, Carolyn.  So glad to hear some better news.  Prayers continue for Daniel and family and others on this Board.

Lynn
Lynn

Offline mingy

• 10,000 post member (sore fingers and all)
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2004, 05:44:42 PM »
Carolyn, we have an 18 year old son (who is driving us crazy at the moment) and cannot imagine the distress of your family.   I hope I can think of you as we go through the difficult things that any normal teenager puts us through.  Please know that you continue to be in our prayers.  I check in every day to see if there is any more news.  Mingy

Offline Jimmy#1Fan

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2004, 10:16:46 PM »
Perhaps as his birthday gift he'll wake up.  My prayers are continuing.  Please keep us updated.

With love,
Elaine
I'm back!

Offline gg

• 1000 Post member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2004, 11:17:56 PM »
Youth is on his side - my prayers continue.
Gail

Laughing is good exercise.  It's like jogging on the inside.

Offline Tami

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2004, 10:20:23 AM »
My prayers continue that he comes out of the comma soon.

Tami
”Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.”

Offline csc

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2004, 01:31:23 PM »
Hi everyone. Finally I have a positive thing to tell you. I've just learned that Daniel is trying to come out of the coma. He has coughed, his eyes are open just a bit, and his lips did move a little. This is a miracle. We have to thank God for this and to each of you here and every where that have prayed for him. I have no doubt that the prayers and support have given us this miracle and hope.

I have to take time and tell you something I found out last night. The week the accident happened( a few days before) the Pastor of Daniel's church met with him to talk to him about becoming a Youth Pastor. Daniel has always talked of maybe becoming a Pastor some day. I was told that Daniel told his Pastor that he "didn't have a story to tell." The Pastor told him that was ok, he didn't have to have a story of a miracle to be able to teach the kids. We're believing Daniel will recover and wow will he have a miracle story to tell now.  I had to share this with you all. You've been hanging in there with us through this.

So there is a long way to go yet, but I have to say again that I am believing we can make it happen with our prayers. Thanks.

Carolyn C.
Carolyn C   Ohio

Offline Jimmeluvrs

• 1000 Post member
  • I'm a Parakeet
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2004, 02:40:16 PM »
Carolyn,

So glad to hear that Daniel is coming out of the coma and things are looking better at this time.  Hope they continue to do so.  You're so right about him having a story to tell upon recovery.  God definitely works in mysterious ways sometimes.

We all hope for the best for Daniel.  Maybe there will be even more positive progress in store on his 18th birthday.  My, he's so young!  Of course, having youth on his side is also a big plus toward getting better.

Prayers shall continue.  Thank you for your updates.

Carolyn S.
South Bend, IN
Exodus 15:2